MSMWHS217 / RIIWHS202D
Our nationally accredited course is designed to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct testing and sampling in hazardous environments to safely enter and work in confined spaces.
Delivery Mode: Face to Face
Duration: 1 Day (8 hours)
Assessment: Students must successfully complete theory assessments and practical demonstrations in order to achieve competency in this course. Successful students will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Courses starting from $325
Participants will undergo training in:
- Gas test training associated with types and selection of gas detectors, sampling regimes and techniques, gas types, characteristics and toxicity, lower and upper explosive limits and permit requirements
- Confined space training associated with current legislation, hazard identification and control measures, entry permits, plan and preparing as well as exiting confined spaces.
Working environment may be hazardous, unpredictable, subject to time pressure, chaotic and expose responders to risk, on land or water, by day or night. Workplace atmospheres may include visible and invisible hazards and hazardous surfaces.
This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere, using electronic test apparatus, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work.
The unit is suitable for use in the following situations:
- confined spaces
- enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- hot work
- storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts, ducts, transport vehicles and ships
- testing as part of issuing a work permit
- monitoring as part of working under a work permit
- open areas
- holding the gas tester by hand
- lowering the gas tester into a space, e.g. on a line.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
Why Choose Nara Training?
- WorkSafe fee is included
- Convenient location
- Free Parking
- Nationally recognised
- Trainers have 10+ years experience
- All students will need to demonstrate suitable LLN skills.
- This course has been designed for students with some knowledge or experience in the mining or construction industry. If you have no prior knowledge, please speak with one of our staff when enrolling.
What is Gas Testing & Confined Space Training?
The Nara Training & Assessing combined training package for Gas Testing and Confined Space Training allows participants to learn two complimentary units in conjunction with each other. What results is an ability to learn how to conduct atmospheric testing to determine the safety of workplaces and how to safely enter and work in confined spaces. Our confined space entry course will teach you all the fundamental knowledge and practices involved in this field of work.
In working toward attaining your accreditation in gas testing and confined space training, you put yourself in good stead to stand out from the crowd. Enquire today to learn more!