Gas Test Atmospheres & Confined Space Training: Course Overview
MSMWHS217 / RIIWHS202D
Our nationally accredited course is designed to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to conduct testing and sampling in hazardous environments to safely enter and work in confined spaces. The price displayed is inclusive of the WorkSafe fee.
Assessment: Students must successfully complete theory assessments and practical demonstrations in order to achieve competency in this course. Successful students will receive a Statement of Attainment.
Course Fees$440Duration1 day (8 HRS)
Delivery mode: Face to face
Participants will undergo training in:
- Gas testing training associated with; types and selection of gas detectors, sampling regimes and techniques, gas types, characteristics and toxicity, lower and upper explosive limits and permit requirements.
- Confined space training associated with; current legislation and requirements, hazard identification and control measures, entry permits, planning and preparing for work in confined spaces and exiting confined spaces.
COURSE INFORMATIONGas Testing
Working environment may be hazardous, unpredictable, subject to time pressure, chaotic and expose responders to risk, on land or water, by day or night. Workplace atmospheres may include visible and invisible hazards and hazardous surfaces.This unit of competency covers the skills and knowledge required to test the working atmosphere, using electronic test apparatus, to find out if it is safe for the proposed work.
The unit is suitable for use in the following situations:
- confined spaces
- enclosed and partially enclosed spaces
- hot work
- storage tanks, silos, pits, pipes, shafts, ducts, transport vehicles and ships
- testing as part of issuing a work permit
- monitoring as part of working under a work permit
- open areas
- holding the gas tester by hand
- lowering the gas tester into a space, e.g. on a line.
This unit describes a participant’s skills and knowledge required to enter and work in confined spaces in the Resources and Infrastructure Industries.
This unit is appropriate for those working in operational roles undertaking work in confined spaces.
Why Choose Nara Training?
- WorkSafe fee is included
- Convenient location
- Free Parking
- Nationally recognised
- Trainers have 10+ years experience
- All students will need to demonstrate suitable LLN skills.
- This course has been designed for students with some knowledge or experience in the mining or construction industry. If you have no prior knowledge, please speak with one of our staff when enrolling.
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive:
- Wallet sized card
- Statement of attainment
On the day, please bring the following:
- Two forms of photographic identification
- Appropriate protective clothing and footwear (No thongs/singlets)
- Hi-Vis Gear and hard hats available if necessary