TLILIC2001 – Licence to operate forklift truckOne day face to face training
This one day face to face training is designed for all experience level operators. You are required to read through the learners guide (approx. 10 hours) and complete a short questionnaire prior to attending the one day course. On the day of your face to face training you will be required to participate in a short theory session to recap the learning you did at home.
This course covers the following topics:
- Plan work
- Conduct routine checks
- Shift loads
- Shutdown and secure forklift truck
At the successful completion of all aspects of the course participants will be awarded a statement of attainment for the TLILIC2001 – Licence to operate a forklift truck.
At the completion of your training and assessment we will show you how to apply to WorkSafe for your High Risk Work licence. Your application should be lodged within 60 days of the date on your notice of satisfactory assessment.
Fees are required to be paid in advance to secure your place in your nominated course date.
Course cost – $195.00
Includes the cost of all learners material, face to face training and assessment
This fee is exclusive of the application fee Worksafe WA requires on application. This application fee can be paid directly to WorkSafe WA or Nara Training and Assessment can collect the fee on behalf or WorkSafe WA and submit your application for you. WorkSafe WA application fees are currently at:
- New applications $95.00
- Addition to class applications $71.00
There are no pre-requisites for this unit however all participants must meet the following
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Able to complete basic mathematical calculations
- Must have some experience using a forklift
Course Delivery and Assessment
This course is delivered over one day face to face and self-directed learning at home
- Training and assessment is delivered face to face at Naras premises or your workplace
- Assessment will include a written theory test and practical demonstration
- Participants will be offered two opportunities to meet the requirement of the assessment. If further attempts are necessary fees will apply.
On the Day of the Course
Attend a short training session on the recent legislation changes and under an induction to the training environment. Candidates are required to complete a Worksafe written assessment as a closed book assessment. No reading or reference material is allowed to be used during the written assessment task including a calculations assessment task prior to undergoing the practical assessment including driving a forklift.
It is important that you understand if you do not get 100% in the critical questions and 90% in the non-critical questions in the written and calculations assessment you will not be permitted to undertake the practical assessment and will be required to book into the full two day course at the normal booking fee.
What to Bring to Your Course
All participants attending this training at Nara’s premises are required to bring:
- Appropriate safety clothing (no singlets and thongs)
- Steel capped footwear
- Two forms of ID with at least one being photographic
- Willingness to participate
Nara staff will provide hard hats and other PPE including hi-vis vest, if you have your own PPE you are welcome to bring them along however this is not necessary.
On Successful Completion You Will Receive the Following
On the successful completion of the course you will be
- Awarded a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the unit of competency TLILIC2001 – Licence to operate forklift truck
- An interim fork lift license (valid for sixty days)
Nara Training and Assessing will submit the required documentation for your High risk license (LF) to Worksafe WA, this could take up to 60 days to be issued.
3/271 Berkshire Road
FORRESTFIELD WA 6058
- 1800 487 246 / (08) 9722 4260