TLILIC2001 – Licence to operate forklift truck Bunbury (experienced operator)
This course is ideal for the experienced operator.
Pre-reading (approx. 10 hours) and one day face to face training (8 hours).
- $350 this includes WorkSafe fee and passport photos
- On successful completion of this course Nara will submit the WorkSafe application on your behalf.
There are no pre-requisites for this unit however all participants must meet the following criteria
- Must be at least 18 years of age – proof of age may be requested
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Must be able to complete basic mathematical calculations
Candidates need to demonstrate that they have more than one year recent experience driving a forklift and that they can complete both the knowledge based written assessment and the practical assessment with minimal training or input from our trainer.
Candidates are able to demonstrate recent experience in the following ways
- Letter from employer
- Job description
- Pay slip
- Statutory declaration
Course Delivery and Assessment Information
The experienced operator’s course is only recommended for those who have had more than one year’s recent experience in driving a forklift.
Candidates must complete pre-reading prior to attending the face to face training day. Once you have enrolled and paid for the course, one of our customer service officers will email you the pre-reading resource.
Once you have been emailed the pre-reading resources you are considered as commenced the course and you are not eligible for a refund.
On the Day of Training
Attend a short training session on the recent legislation changes and under an induction to the training environment. Candidates are required to complete a Worksafe written assessment as a closed book assessment. No reading or reference material is allowed to be used during the written assessment task including a calculations assessment task prior to undergoing the practical assessment including driving a forklift.
It is important that you understand if you do not get 100% in the critical questions and 90% in the non-critical questions in the written and calculations assessment you will not be permitted to undertake the practical assessment and will be required to book into the full two day course at the normal booking fee.
What to Bring
- Appropriate safety clothing must been worn (no singlets and thongs) – candidates who arrive on site dressed inappropriately will be asked to leave and no refund will be offered
- Steel cap footwear is essential at all times – candidates who arrive on site without steel cap footwear will be asked to leave and no refund will be offered
- Two forms of ID with at least one being photographic and one demonstrating you are at least 18 years of age.
- Any combination of the following – Passport, Driver’s licence, Australian Public Service Issued Photo Card, other government issued card such as Medicare card.
Nara Training and Assessing will provide hard hats and other PPE including a hi-vis vest. You are welcome to bring your own PPE however this is not compulsory.
It is essential that participants read and understand the student’s handbook prior to enrolling into this course.
You are required to ensure you complete all of the pre course learning prior to the face to face training day you are enrolling in, it is the individual’s responsibility to ensure they leave enough time to complete the pre- learning requirements, in total the pre learning will take approx. 10 hours to complete.
You are required to arrive 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the course, late arrival may mean you are not able to attend the course and will be considered as a no show and no refunds will be provided.
On Successful Completion of the Courses
On the successful completion of the course you will be
- Awarded a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the unit of competency TLILIC2001 – Licence to operate forklift truck
- An interim fork lift license (valid for sixty days)
Nara Training and Assessing will submit the required documentation for your High risk license (LF) to Worksafe WA, this could take up to 60 days to be issued.
26 Clifford Street
BUNBURY WA 6230
- 1800 487 246
- (08) 9725 6827