TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom type elevating work platform (boom length 11 meters or more) Perth
Our nationally accredited course provides you with the theory and practical skills to operate a EWP. It is a two day course for the full training and assessment of this course. We have purpose built customised training facilities onsite to train in:
- Current legislation and requirements
- Hazard identifications & risk management
- Conducting routine checks, setting up, operating, shutting down and securing EWP
- Correctly accessing, installing and using fall protection equipment
This unit has been superseded as of 13/9/18, under national legislation the unit is in teach out for 12 months. During this time, RTOs are able to apply to have the new unit TLILIC0005 added to their scope.
NARA Training and Assessing is currently in the process of reviewing the unit and developing new materials for addition to scope. Students are still able to enrol in the superseded unit of competency.
- Plus WorkSafe licence fee
- On successful completion of this course Nara will submit the WorkSafe application on your behalf.
There are no pre-requisites for this unit however all participants must meet the following criteria
- Must be at least 18 years of age – proof of age may be requested
- Have a good understanding of written and spoken English
- Must be able to complete basic mathematical calculations
Course Delivery and Assessment Information
This course is based on the requirements of the National Standard for Licensing Persons Performing High Risk Work. It is aimed at those required to operate a boom-type elevating work platform – EWP (WP) with a boom length of 11 metres or more.
Students will attain the practical application and understanding required to plan the work, conduct routine checks, set up, operate, shut down and secure the elevating work platform – EWP (WP) and will be able to:
- Carry out hazard identification and risk assessment
- Understand legislative requirements
- Conduct routine checks including pre and post operational
- Set up and operate the elevating work platform – EWP (WP)
- Shut down and secure the elevating work platform – EWP (WP)
If you are found not yet competent, we offer one re-sit free of charge. Any attempt after that is $50.00.
What to Bring
- Appropriate safety clothing must been worn (no singlets and thongs) – candidates who arrive on site dressed inappropriately will be asked to leave and no refund will be offered
- Steel cap footwear is essential at all times – candidates who arrive on site without steel cap footwear will be asked to leave and no refund will be offered
- Two forms of ID with at least one being photographic and one demonstrating you are at least 18 years of age.
- Any combination of the following – Passport, Driver’s license, Australian Public Service Issued Photo Card, Other government issued card such as Medicare card.
Nara Training and Assessing will provide hard hats and other PPE including a hi-vis vest. You are welcome to bring your own PPE however this is not compulsory.
It is essential that participants read and understand the student’s handbook prior to enrolling into this course.
You are required to arrive 15 minutes prior to the commencement of the course, late arrival may mean you are not able to attend the course and will be considered as a no show and no refunds will be provided.
You are required to participate in all written, class discussions and practical tasks over the 2 days, any candidate who does not actively participant may not be able to be deemed competent.
On Successful Completion You Will Receive
On the successful completion of the course you will be
- Awarded a nationally recognised statement of attainment for the unit of competency TLILIC2005 Licence to operate a boom type elevating work platform
- An interim licence (valid for sixty days)
Nara Training and Assessing will submit the required documentation for your High risk license (WP) to Worksafe WA, this could take up to 60 days to be issued.
3/271 Berkshire Road
FORRESTFIELD WA 6058
- 1800 487 246 / (08) 9722 4260