C6 Crane: Course Overview
License to operate a slewing mobile crane up to 60 tonnes
Our nationally accredited course is designed to give participants the necessary skills and knowledge to work as a crane operator in various roles.
Assessment: Students must successfully complete nationally mandated theory assessments and practical demonstrations in order to achieve competency in this course. Successful students will receive a Statement of Attainment and an interim license.
Course Fees$880Duration5 days
SUPERSEDED UNIT – 12/09/2018: Under national legislation, this unit is now in teach out for 12 months. While our team reviews and develops materials for the replacement unit (TLILIC3001) for an addition to our scope, students remain able to enrol in this unit of competency.
Delivery mode: Face to face
Participants will undergo training in:
- Current legislation and requirements
- Hazard identification and control measurements
- Conducting routine checks, setting up, transferring loads, shut down and securing crane. (Please refer to course pages for more information)
- Participants must be at least 18 years of age. – For C6 only – gantry crane is not a HRWL and does not have this pre-requisite.
- All students will need to demonstrate suitable LLN skills.
- This course has been designed for students with some knowledge or experience. If you have no prior knowledge or industry experience, please speak with one of our staff when enrolling. It is recommended that participants have a drivers licence for this course.
On the day, please bring the following:
- Two forms of photographic identification
- Appropriate protective clothing and footwear (No thongs/singlets)
- Hi-Vis Gear and hard hats available if necessary
Upon successful completion of this course, you will receive:
- Notice of assessment (interim licence)
- Statement of attainment